Monday, April 11, 2011

Today will forever be known as... my fattest day ever!

My appointment with the HMR nurse was scheduled for 10:00 AM today (Monday, April 11).  Since I could not sleep at all last night (not exaggerating) I should have been early for the appointment, however, "early" wasn't really in the cards this morning.  I was about 5 minutes late all thanks to a little dog who decided to poop on my bed.  I did not realize that Mr. Man or Little Man (affectionate names for the lil' guy) had an accident or I wouldn't have set my t-shirt down in the mess.  I smelled something poopy as I was putting the t-shirt on, fortunately for me it was only on the the t-shirt and a blanket on my bed.  I would not have been happy to have walked out of the house with poop on my t-shirt -- who would, right?

In the little guy's defense, I think he might have been stressed out from the thunderstorms we had last night.  He is not big enough to jump up and down from my bed, otherwise I'm sure he would have tried to make it to the door to do his business outside.

Last thing I will say on this topic -- onions and poop have equally bad smells.  Onions are probably worse, though I certainly do not enjoy smelling the latter either.

Why I titled this post as ... "my fattest day ever!"...
I was pretty surprised to find that my weight has now reached 300.2 lbs.  My highest weight had been 297 lbs.  Hopefully I have found this HMR program just in time.  I was also not super thrilled to find out that my waist is a massive 55 inches.  Both of those numbers are accurate, I'm sure, but wow, they seem like pure nonsense to me. The HMR nurse also took blood pressure measurements - 3 times in fact.  The first time was with an automated blood pressure monitor, which wasn't working right as it said my blood pressure was l50/110.  He manually took readings from my right and left arms with results of 136/84 and 144/86.   Not the greatest numbers, but certainly better than 150/110 (that's crazy).

If I had to guess, I would say that the 1/2 tub of Costco Kirkland Signature Sea Salt Caramels eaten over the past few days have pushed me into the 300 lb range.  Have you ever tried Sea Salt Caramels?  They are delicious and totally fattening.  I can recommend them if you want to gain weight, assuming you are unable to eat them in moderation, which many people cannot do.  So au revoir delicious Kirkland Signature Sea Salt Caramels as I would rather weigh less than 300 lbs and have a waist less than 55 inches.  Ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment