Thursday, May 12, 2011

HMR Third Official Weigh-in Results (Wednesday, May 11, 2011)

I have lost 24.8 lbs.
My weight the previous week was: 279.8
My weight loss for this week was 4.4 lbs and my new weight is 275.4 lbs!

So... as I suspected, my weight loss was hindered by eating foods that were not part of the HMR program.  I feel fortunate that I lost 4.4 lbs and am not complaining.  :-)  Next week will be better!
My health educator, kindly did a HMR "water math" spreadsheet for me -- I should have lost approximately 6 lbs.  I will try and post a copy of this spreadsheet as it shows exactly what you can lose based on the calories you consume and the calories you burn with physical activity.

My goal for this week is to increase my physical activity (PA in HMR parlance) to at least burn 1000 calories per day.  Our crummy weather along with my allergies has made it difficult to actually do much outside.  I've been using the treadmill and it is getting old really fast.  I need some variety.  A few years ago (like... 5 years) I used to roller blade on a local trail here -- the trail is 6 miles from the start to end, so a total of 12 miles each time I did it.  I did this almost every day, religiously, for months.  I lost about 87 lbs which has come back on over the years (plus a few more lbs).  If I don't watch it, I burn out on exercise, so I need to make sure I have a wide variety of things to do this time around.

Exercise/physical activity that I enjoy:
  1. Walking outside or on the treadmill - must have some kind of stimulation, like music or tv.
  2. Bike - I have a barely used bike, in great shape.  It was a birthday gift to myself a few years ago.
  3. Elliptical machine - You can burn a ton of calories and it doesn't bother my shins at all.
  4. Inline skating aka roller blading - I'm so out of shape I probably couldn't go very far, but I'm going to try it again soon.  I'm a fancy skater and can go backwards.  :p
  5. Swimming - I refuse to take off my shirt, so prefer to do this at home, though our pool is kind-of small for it
  6. Tennis - I enjoy this, but totally suck and really need to take lessons... again! 
Exercise/physical activity that I do not enjoy:
  1. Yardwork - my roommate likes to do this and I occasionally help some.  I really should help more.  I used to pay people to do this stuff!
  2. Cleaning the house - though it must be done.  Darn economy... I had a great lady who used to do this every other week.  Some day I hope to have her back as it was well worth the money to me.
  3. Running - my shins hurt too much when I try to do this.  It could have something to do with weighing way more than I should.  I might give it a try again, just because it can burn a ton of calories in a short period of time.
  4. Helping people move stuff - I know, I must not be a very good friend.  I will help though, but won't pretend to enjoy it!

Disclaimer:  Typos and whatnot are all mine.  Hopefully my post are comprehensible!

No comments:

Post a Comment