Sunday, May 15, 2011

Today was a good, no... make that great, exercise day!

I wasn't able to exercise yesterday because my allergies were killing me.  Sometimes I wish that I lived in a clean room that no allergens could penetrate.  That would probably be a sad life.

Today I went to my new gym.  I joined a place called Club Fitness, it's local to the St. Louis area.  It costs $9.95 a month and so far so good.  The facility is clean and I have no complaints.  I do wish they provided towels, like the YMCA, but I can live with bringing one from home for $9.95 a month.

My exercise today consisted of 90 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes on the treadmill.  It had been a while since I've used an elliptical and I thought it was going to die after 5 minutes.  I kept telling myself that my legs should not be burning and it should not be this difficult... in fact, I was doing a backward motion and once I started to use the machine properly it was easy (or much easier than doing it the wrong way).  I really like that the machines keep track of the calorie count and heart rate based on your age and weight.  I like feedback. 

I've also been using myfitnesspal to keep track of my exercise and calories.  It constantly tells me that I'm not getting enough calories as it does not work with any diet that allows you to lose more than 2 lbs per week.  Today with my HMR calories and the exercise it informed me that I would weight 235 lbs in 5 weeks (if I do everything the same).  Pretty shocking number to me, it will be interesting to see if that is possible. 

Ok, I'm off to eat my delicious HMR Chicken Soup.  Delicious might be an exaggeration, but it is totally edible and even better when I had no-salt spices to it.  I've been using the following blends to improve the taste. 
  1. Penzey's Arizona Dreaming - Salt Free
  2. Penzey's Sunny Spain - Salt Free
  3. Penzey's Italian Herb Mix - Salt Free
I'm really impressed with the flavors you can create with good spices.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment