Monday, April 11, 2011

3 days 'til "D" (diet) day

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

Thursday (April 14) my diet begins.  I am calling it "D" day, but that is really just to make this blog more interesting.  Did it work?

Note to readers:  (updated April 18)
My HMR diet will actually start on April 21. I ended up in the emergency room on April 13 and was not able to begin the program as planned.  Fingers crossed for April 21!

The diet or plan I will be following is HMR (Health Management Resources).  It is a medically supervised plan because it is super-low calorie and involves drinking your meals.  I am ok with that though.  To save money, I arranged a physical with my primary care physician (who is a great by the way) and requested blood and other tests required by HMR.  HMR is not covered by my health insurance plan so doing the tests in advance means I do not have to pay out of pocket for it.

Later today (Monday, April 11), two days prior to "D" day I will be meeting with HMR medical staff to review my current health, take measurements, go over blood tests and look at my EKG/ECG results.

For reference, I am male, 5'9", 37, and my weight on March 29 was 295 lbs.  I will update this information later today after I meet with the HMR medical staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment