Sunday, April 24, 2011

On... sugar free Jello pudding and gelatins

First: The HMR shakes are tasty, but they definitely require you to be creative, otherwise you are going to burn out on just chocolate and vanilla flavors.  The HMR recipe guide has a number of recipes that use sugar free pudding and gelatin.  So far, I have tried a number of add-ins (both puddings and jello) and I will blog more about that at a later date.  Suffice it to say, the addition of other flavors will help me be successful on the HMR program.

Second: I have my eye on you, Schnucks, Dierbergs and Shop-n-Save!
Your stores have a terrible selection of Jello sugar free pudding and gelatin products.  Each store consistently had cherry gelatin, chocolate pudding, vanilla pudding, but few other flavors listed on the Kraft website.  Granted, I did not check each and every one of your locations, who has that kind of time? Strangely enough, Target had almost as large of a Jello selection as any of the grocery stores and I was able to obtain the sugar free cheesecake pudding.

Need Jello?  Internet to the rescue!  I first checked Amazon.com, but tell me... really, who needs a case of any one flavor?  Me either.  So for my Jello fix, I have turned to netgrocer.com.  I purchased approximately $10 worth of Kraft Jello products with a $9.99 shipping charge.
$20 bucks for Jello products, but at least I'm not going to be driving all over town and I'll have the flavors I want.

Fortunately, I shouldn't need to buy any more Jello products as the HMR shakes require a miniscule amount for flavor.

4 comments:

  1. Which shakes are you using? I had to use the HMR 70 ones exclusively. Fortunately I was able to get my hands on SF butterscotch/vanilla/choc at my grocery store. One thing I did order online were flavored syrups. They are calorie free and sugar free...and come in dozens of flavors:

    http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/sugar_free_flavored_syrups/

    The bottles are pretty big...I would suggest finding someone in your class/group to go in with you and split some good flavors. I liked using the strawberry syrup vs strawberry sf gelatin.

    -allison
    myinnerthin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison,
    I'm using the HMR 500 Shakes.

    Thanks for the tip on the syrups and the link. I was thinking about going to Whole Foods later today because I've heard they have a number of extracts too. Specifically, real coconut extract, a coconut shake sounds good to me for some reason! :-)

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on a coconut kick also ... must be a spring thing.

    You should pick up some 70 for the pudding. It is weird at first but it ended up being a staple for me. I would love to have the pudding with a bit of SF cool whip at night. Sometimes I still have that for dessert :)

    Good luck on your first WI tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! They gave everyone a 70 pudding tonight at the class, so I definitely will try your suggestion!

    My WI went well, very happy about it. Thanks again! :-)

    ReplyDelete