Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ah, Saturday, HMR day 10 - hot shakes, my new favorite! And soup...

I don't know about anywhere else, but pollen is super-high here in my state of Missouri.  As a result, my system is totally haywire and I've the driest cough that just won't stop.  It probably hasn't helped matters that I took a marathon walk last night (a marathon for me, is probably reasonable to many people). 

We walked from our house all the way to Qdoba (of course we did not stop, but the smells...) and back. 
In the future, if I choose to have Qdoba, I'm going to try and remember to walk there - two reasons:
  1. I will have to want it badly, because it is about 1.7 miles from my house and -
  2. If I eat it, I really will need a long walk.

Ok, back to hot shakes, my original reason for writing this post.  I mentioned that I have this cough and my throat is wonky, so I thought, hmm... a hot shake (like hot chocolate for instance) might be nice. 
I have tried the hot shakes a number of ways so far and I like them all.
  1. Hot water plus HMR 500 chocolate plus a small amount of SF Jello chocolate pudding.  Blend this up and pour into a glass.  I've been using about 10 ounces of water
  2. Hot water plus HMR 500 vanilla, plus about a 1 tsp of SF Jello chocolate pudding.  Again, blend this up and pour into your favorite glass or mug.  This one is not as chocolatey, but it is still good.
I'm not sure that the shakes are as filling since I'm using more water, but I still like them.  Oh, and for me, I really like the taste of cooked chocolate pudding so I'm not sure the instant style SF chocolate pudding would do it for me. Jello has two varieties that are SF, the kind you cook and the kind you just mix up.

I tried my first HMR Chicken Soup Wednesday evening after the HMR class.  I had decided I was totally sick of the cold stuff and needed something hot.  I blended the HMR soup up with about a 1/2 cup of cooked broccoli and put it in the microwave.  I think the jury is still out on the soup for me.  I really wanted to add salt to it.  Instead I ended up adding some pepper and some hot sauce.  The soup gave me terrible gas, but I suspect that is because I blended it up and it had broccoli in it.  I will give it another try at some point since I have an entire box of it on my counter.  :-)

Final note for this post, even though I'm on the HMR Decision Free Diet, I have still tried a few of the hot entrees.
  1. HMR Turkey Chili - I liked this entree, though it gave me just a bit of indigestion.
  2. HMR Basil and Cheese Ravioli - I did not like this entree. The cheese was gross to me.
  3. HMR Mushroom Risotto - I really like this entree, but wasn't sure when I first tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment