Saturday, April 23, 2011

HMR Day 3 (2 and 1) Update

As a recap, my HMR diet is currently a modified decision free diet program.  This program consists of 5 shakes per day and I am adding fruit to each shake to bring the calories up to 1000 for the day.  I also take two multi-vitamins each day and drink lots of water.  I'm not sure I've been getting 1000 calories, but I have been trying.

The program that I will be switching to next week is a 500 calorie per day program (once I have been medically cleared by the Dr at my local HMR program).

Day 1: I had 3 shakes, plus 1 HMR Turkey Chili entree.  I ate the entree because I didn't space out the time between my shakes properly, so I would have had to drink a double-shake or two individual shakes to get the appropriate calories in for the day.  I didn't think I could do any more shakes for the day, I would rather have just not eaten if I didn't have the entree.

Anastasia Beaverhausen
My physical activity for the day was walking.  I walked 42 minutes on a parkway trail near my house.  It looked like it was going to storm so I tried to hurry it up a bit.   I saw a beaver on my walk, but it wasn't super friendly and didn't have time to pose for a proper photo.  I am so out of shape and the walk left me very sore.



Day 2: I had 4 shakes with fruit, plus a chocolate benefit bar.  The benefit bar is basically a candy bar with 160 calories.  Actually, I'm sure that it is healthier than a candy bar or otherwise it wouldn't be on the program.  The benefit bar is not a substitute for a shake, so I missed a shake for day 2.  I didn't do any structured physical activity, but I did go to Costco and Target, so there was some walking around.  I bought a new cuff blood pressure monitor at Costco because my Dr. said the wrist monitors are not accurate.  I also had a Groupon for a nursery so we went and picked out some plants.  One of my friends was shaky and wanted to stop at Taco Bell on the way back home.  It was kind-of hard not to order something, but I did deny the urge.  Oddly enough, I don't even care for Taco Bell (sorry Taco Bell) that much so I'm sure that my urge to eat it was all mental. 

Day 3: (April 23) So far I have had 2 shakes plus fruit.  My first shake was chocolate and banana and my second was vanilla with raspberries.  So I like raspberries well enough, but really, can they make them without seeds, please?  I really don't like the seeds so I know I will not be using raspberries very much.  I am planning to go to the mall later today and walk and then maybe see a movie.  I have a Groupon for the movie theater, but nothing currently at the theater really jumps out at me.  The day is rainy and boring so I'm just looking for something to do that doesn't revolve around food.
It won't be a problem getting all of my HMR shakes in today.
Day 3 Update:  I did get all of my HMR shakes in for the day, though I had to eat a double shake around dinner time to do it.  Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment