Monday, April 11, 2011

The Million Dollar Question: Do onions make you fat?

Answer: Onions alone do not make you fat (in case you really needed me to tell you that).

But, I bet, eating loads of French Onion soup could probably make you fat.  It might even clog your arteries with all of that ooey-gooey cheese. Truthfully -- I wouldn't know about the nutritional value of any onion-type dish because I absolutely despise onions and refuse to eat them.

Raw onions make most people cry!  Me... they make me gag!  You will not find an onion ally here, nor will you find an ally of onions.

And yes, if you are in the food service industry, I am THAT customer who can tell if an onion has touched my plate or was just picked off of the sandwich or out of the salad.  A tip: do not use the "onion knife" to slice the strawberries that you place on top of the cheesecake.  Yes, I'm looking at you Mangia Italia(¬_¬)

No comments:

Post a Comment